The bands of Charlestown Middle and High School are primarily funded through the Band Booster Association, a non-profit organization devoted to encouraging talented students and giving financial assistance as necessary in order that they may participate in the band and color guard programs.
Our Band Booster Association works closely with band members, band directors, school authorities, parents, alumni, and our community so that the band may be maintained at the highest level of proficiency and effectiveness.
Parents and Guardians of all current students are voting members of the Charlestown Band Booster Association, and membership is open to all former Alumni students.
Our regular meetings are held on the first Thursday of every month at 7:30pm in the Charlestown High School band room and our meetings are open to the public.
Current Band Booster Officers:
Band Boosters Officers
|Vice President||Amy Farmer|
Things our Band Boosters do include:
- Various fundraisers throughout the year for all of our band, marching band, and color guard programs.
- Transport equipment to and from competitions and performances
- Provide food for students during band camp and at marching band performances
- Maintain and clean uniforms for our marching band and color guard programs
- Fit students for uniforms for our marching band and color guard programs
- Chaperone at all performances and trips
- Sell tickets and organize seating at all band performances
- Hire and pay instructors for our marching band and color guard programs
- Pay bus drivers for the transportation of our students to and from competitions and performances
- Work with the Football, Basketball, and Pirate Pride Booster Programs to organize fundraising opportunities at sporting events
- Work with the city of Charlestown for potential fundraising opportunities throughout the community
- Collect donations and sponsorships for our programs
- Maintain a website and social media pages to promote and inform about our programs
- Communicate with school and district officials to organize performances and fundraising opportunities
- Create banners, logos, and promotional content for our programs
- Clean, maintain, and purchase band equipment at both Charlestown Middle School and Charlestown High School
- Provide newsletters to parents and our community to inform about our program
- Meet monthly in order to plan for upcoming events and to maintain our budget
- Plan for any photography events for our band programs to provide photos in the school yearbooks and for parents
- Send news to local newspapers, parents, and school officials to recognize our students and their accomplishments
- Post advertisements and information about our instrument donation programs
- Pay our musical instrument provider for affordable rental opportunities for our students
- Much, much more…
Our full Band Booster Bylaws can be found below: